Saturday, June 17, 2006

Update...

I haven't updated much this week because I left my laptop at home and have not had much time to use the work computers to updated. I thought I would let everyone know that I am still alive and loving my work. Today I actually went to a KKK Rally/Protest against illegal immigration. Some anti-KKK protestors got out of hand and some were arrested, there was alot of screaming and yelling; it was intense, and then it was over suddenly. The wacky thing is that I shot 400 frames and only one will be used, which isn't that unusual for a news photographer but on this assignment I could have published a whole page of photos that told some part of the story. I will probably put some of them up here (most likely in black and white since I am in love with that medium currently) some time this week. Last night, my friend Raf and I took out all our old film cameras that we owned or had access to through work (Raf has an awesome equipment closet up at UTPB) and talked until two in the morning about when we started shooting and how things have changed in the past few years. If I could find someone who would fund some photo stories/essays and let me shoot my Canon 1N and Leica loaded up with some Tri-x, I would jump at the chance. I love digital but film has it's benefits too, like a greater tonal range (at least when compared to the current camera sensors, this will change in the near future) and many films just had a particular signature look that is hard to replicate. There is software that comes very close, and I will probably buy it soon, but shooting the realy thing just feels good. But I digress... I will start posting pics from the past week as soon as I can get some serious time in front a computer.

No comments: