Thursday, June 01, 2006

Back to work...

Today I shot three assignments, and learned something about doing this job on a daily basis: Not every assignment will yield "the shot". This may seem rather obvious, but after my dissapointments the other day and shooting today I think I finally made myself realize this. I took some photos that work, and tell the reader something about what the story is about, but they just aren't what I wanted to get. I think I am putting too much pressure on myself to get some amazing, wonderful photos every day when I just can't do that, at least not right now. So here are two of today's assignments (the other assignment is still on the paper's computers)




This is from an assigment on a youth track team that is practicing for an upcoming meet. Image © Odessa American

In this one, Edith Gonzalez, who is recieving an award for overcoming adversity to graduate from high school, is working on a speach to describe the hardships she had to overcome with her friend and mentor who picked her for the award. There were 14 recipients in all. The award Image © Odessa American


This is just a long exposure that I took Monday night during a lighning storm. Unfortunately you can't see much lightning since the storm had really died about the time I took my camera out.

No comments: