Sunday, June 04, 2006

June 4, 2006

I keep thinking about the lady who was killed in the car wreck on Friday. Last night I found out a friend worked with her (she was a teacher), and then I went to my roomate's church class this morning and we prayed for her family. Someone mentioned that she was married and had two kids also. All I could think about during prayer was the blood stained car and how a family was now suffering and missing a mother. I know it could have been much, much worse, but it seems like people in the community are talking about it alot and I hear it discussed wherever I am. I don't want to tell people that I took the photo of the scene, even though it's not gruesome or offensive (at least to me). I know it's a part of the job, and I'm willing to do it I am going to try and find out when and where her funeral will be held and go if I am in town.
I have Tuesday and Wednesday off again (I will most weeks), and I can't wait to get back to Mary and the kids. Mary sent me some photos from a trip to the zoo tonight and seeing them really makes me miss them. I hope I can find a photojournalism job soon after I graduate so I can have my family near me and enjoy my work too. I will try to post some photos from this weekend in the next couple of days, althoug I really haven't done much lately since this weekend has been pretty slow.

1 comment:

digicade said...

The 'old guys' always say, "You never forget your first fatality." It's true. It's also a reality for any professional news photographer. It sounds like you handled it appropriately and professionally. Call me sometime and we can talk. Hang in there. - Cade