Saturday, June 10, 2006

Photos from yesterday

Here are some photos from yesterday. I will let the captions explain each photo.


Daniel Garcia (left), son of graduating resident Avelino Garcia (center), waits with his sister Ehana, their grandmother Bernarda Gomez and their mother Nayibe for their fathers name to be called during the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at the Permian Basin graduation Thursday evening. TTUHSC graduated 18 residents in three departments. Image © Odessa American


Gary Rhodes/Odessa American
Abel Martinez, intern vehicle operator with Ark Contracting Services, takes a nap in tractor bucket during his lunch Thursday. ACS is currently installing the reinforced earth wall along the overpass by the JBS parkway exit of I-20.



Crane's clear out the basement of the Professional Tower building, located on Washington avenue between 3rd and 4th street. The Ector County Hospital District Board approved a bid from NC Sturgeon to build a parking lot in its place.

Of the three, the shot of the man napping in the tractor bucket is my favorite. It's one of those interesting scenes that you come across when you are looking for something else. I will be working late tomorrow, so I might not be posting anything else until Sunday.

1 comment:

Emerald Lemmons said...

hey...looks like you're learning a lot and again, having a similar problem to me--the longer you do this job, the more toys you want. I've got a wishlist of flash accessories, two new lenses, and various other things and I can barely afford to drive to my internship across town!

I love the shot of the contractor sleeping in the tractor bucket--great job catching that!