Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Photojournal: Week 5




These photos are of the women's social club Alpha Kai Omega, who had been told they had recieved 1st place, and then found out the scores were miscalculated and they were in fact second place. The first shot is of the women celebrating after their performance, and the second is of the women crying while they wait while the scores are recalculated.




On Sunday I covered the Alumnus of the year luncheon. The first photo is of the alumnus of the year, Don Crisp. The next photo is of his granddaughter looking back at her grandmother as during a vocal/piano duet they performed in honor of Mr. Crisp.









I went back to the boxing gym this week, and plan on going with two of the guys who are fighting this weekend in a nearby town. I see this gym as a potential source for a photo story that I would like to see in my portfolio soon.

3 comments:

Laci said...

the boxing pics have turned out awesome! You got some good expressions. I really got a feel for the way of the boxer! Keep it up!

Anna said...

I like the emotion shown in your pictures this week. The excitement and sadness from Alpha Kai. I really like the expression on the girl's face from the luncheon. It looks like she is looking right at you. I think the last boxing picture is my favorite. i like the motion in his hand and you can see how hard he is working in his face. Good job with the boxing. I really like the black and white!

Emerald Lemmons said...

You're doing a really great job with the boxing, I like everything I've seen so far. Have you come up with a specific story you want to tell yet?