Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Photojournal: week 2


This is a better speaker shot than last week I believe. Jerry Mitchell is an investigative reporter who has covered several big big KKK killings.





These are some baseball shots from practice on Tuesday. I tried to be a little different with the close-up of the ball and the out-of-focus players in the background. I really want to shoot sports with a "new eye". Not just looking for the peak action.



Here are some photos of the Women's basketball team. I tried shooting from the stands with our paper's 300mm lens. I liked that much better than being on the floor. Again, I need to work on finding some better angles to work from.


I liked this photo mainly because it was a silhouette; Silhouette's seem to be one of my favorite types of photos to shoot, I am not sure why but they seem to create drama when used properly. There was a major street on the behind me, so that's why I thought the silhouette might work better instead of a shot with an ugly background.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Gary, thanks for your comments. I particularly liked the concept of the baseball shot (with the players in the background). Those are the kind of shots I'm always looking for. I'm so excited for you and your wife, keep us updated, I'm praying for you!

Emerald Lemmons said...

I really like your sillouette (sp?) shot. I was proud to see it in today's paper. We need to have some more creative shots like this one to run in the Optimist.