Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Macro photos

While we were in the hospital, the shower head dripped constantly. I could hear it as I lay on my miserable little chair that turned into a bed (smallest "bed" I've ever seen. During a fit of boredom, I took my camera and flash into the small white stall to photograph the shower head and water drops, hoping that might help me cope with the problem. It worked out really well, and you can see the grime built up on the shower head and the sink spout as well. Yeah, what's with that? It's a hospital, it's supposed to be clean and they are growing algae on the shower head. I went home for my shower the next day.






I have always loved Macro photography, and this was a fun way to pass a few minutes. My wife was a little concerned when she saw the light flasing from the bathroom constantly, but I reassured her it was just a photographer wasting time. I like the first one, though both of the water drop ones have shallow depth of field. the faucett one in particular should have both the faucett and water in focus. I was afraid to stop down any more than F/8 and working at that close a distance with a long lens (I used the canon 100 f/2.8 macro lens) depth of field is always and issue. I will get back to the sports and news for the coming week and plan on posting more than once a week if possible.

No comments: