Saturday, July 01, 2006

A trip to the rodeo

Yesterday I went with one of the Sports writers, Lee Scheide, to the Rodeo in Pecos. Pecos claims to be the site of the first rodeo and this years was the 124th rodeo there. We got there a little early so I though I would shoot some feature stuff on the cowboys and just the general atmosphere until the event started. Things started and 8:00 with the grand procession, then the events started and about 8:20. I had a deadline of 9:30, and I needed to be at the hotel down the street around nine in order to download, process and send the files via FTP server. I didn't have much shooting time, but it wasn't too bad. I actually got the last file to the paper around 9:45 since the wireless connection wasn't exactly speedy and they asked for a couple more shots of a specific rider who wasn't in my initial batch. I thought I would go ahead and present a few of the photos I took before the rodeo and one from later on in the evening here. Feel free to let me know what you think, I can always use some good criticism.












No comments: