Saturday, July 08, 2006

Thanks...

I just want to thank the friends and family who actually read my post June 29th (the where I needed to vent a little bit)and took the time to visit with me about it or emailed me or posted a comment here. The encouragement really helped and I think I have gotten over most of what I felt, although I have been tempted to hang up my camera for good a couple more times. My Photo J professor, Cade White, has suggested I take up a side project to help me work out some of my problems and mental blocks. I think I will take him up on his advice. I have already found a person from an earlier assignment who I think would make a nice feature package. I posted a picture of his funny bike a week or so ago, but he has more interesting trinkets and inventions of his own. I went to his house for about an hour today and shot a few photographs, several of which I like. Like always though, I think if I go back I can do even better. I am going to try and pitch the idea to Mark on Monday, but even if he doesn't think it will work out I will probably continue shooting on it for myself. Also, Cade suggested that I take up something that will really help me connect with the humanity in my subjects, so I am keeping my eye out for the "little" stories that I can tell with my camera. Tonight I am going with a reporter to a house for the homeless and drug addicts for a prayer meeting of some sort. Another photographer did a feature on the place but I think I could find a lead to something else that is related but seperate there. I am going to keep my eyes and ears open tonight for something that could turn into a story.

1 comment:

Laci said...

i cant wait to see how that goes!