Friday, May 05, 2006

Some 35mm scans

I have been slowly trying to scan a few 35mm black and white negatives in. Some of the files are a few years old, others are more recent. I figured I would post a few here to get some critiques. I will have to clean the negatives and rescan a couple of these, the dust is just too much for me to clone it all out. I need to work on my scanning as well, I am still trying to figure out how to get a good scan on my epson flatbed (that may be the problem in the first place).



This first photo is from the photo essay on the local boxing club. This guys name is junior, he's one of the guys I met when I first went there and also one of the most approachable and friendliest.



Here's another shot with just the boxers legs in it. These guys can move around pretty fast sometimes, and I thought this would make a nice composition.



This one is from a home mass a priest friend of my families said in my Grandmother's home. This is from a couple of years ago or more. I think I am going to work on more religous/faith based stories. I am intrigued by others faith as well as my own.

Technical details: The first two were shot with a Leica M4-P with a collapsible 50mm and Tri-x film set at ISO 1600 (hence the grain). The Home Mass shot was taken with a Nikon F3 and 50mm lens using T-max film (I need to check the negative again on this one)

No comments: