Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Photojournal: May 3rd

This weekend I shot a wedding with a classmate of mine, Emerald McGowan (you can link to her blog on the right). I have shot a few weddings before, but it was a first for Emerald. Working with another photographer really took some of the stress off of being the sole photographer. Emerald also took some shots and tried some angles that I didn't, so when we put our work together I think the end result will be better. I think I may try to apprentice or assist one of the local wedding pros to get some more experience and not deal with the hassles on the business end.


The youngest boys are the children of the bride and groom, and the "face" on the left is a nephew.


This is Shelly, the bride. I like this photo because it is a candid moment of her laughing and giggling while she is talking to her bridesmaids.



This photos is of the ring-bearer. I saw him walking across the room and snapped a couple of shots, this frame being my favorite.



Here is one of the happy couple dancing their first dance. I like the smile on her face, but wish I could see his. I have several where both faces are clearly visible, but neither of them has such a great expression, so I picked this one.


This little girl has such a joyous look on her face. She is trying to chase the balloon that she is already holding the string to.


I like the look on her fathers face in this shot. He was so proud of her and kept telling her how much he loved her.



I threw this one is because I have been drawn to second curtain sync, draggin the shutter and panning lately. This photo has all three.

The technical details: the indoor photos were taken at ISO 800, with bounce flash from the ceiling. The outdoor shot was taken at ISO 100. Camera used on both was a Canon 1D MarkII, all files were shot as RAW and then converted and adjusted using Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop.

No comments: