Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Photojournal: April 19

Well, this week I shot some photos at the opening of our newly renovated Library, the central area of which is now called the Learning Commons. It has a genuine Starbucks, and pleny of tables and computers for group activities. Here is one of the photos I personally liked the most, of a girl picking out her free drink sample (everyone who came within a certain time on the first day got one).



Here are some photos of a couple of local bands that played at a small park pavilion. As the evening went on the light situation went from bad to terribly, horribly, hopelessly dark.There was one lamp slightly to the right of the stage, a halogen lamp I believe, so I used my flash as my main light. In order to keep things creative I tried some second curtain sync shots while I panned the camera slightly.











I also tried one 2 second exposure while using the multi-strobe mode on my flash (a canon 580 EX by the way)

No comments: