Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My work does get used

Yesterday I was shooting the second century convocation for my school, Abilene Christian University, along with the primary shooter for most of their events Gerald Ewing. They had a slideshow of the centennial celebration over this last year that was being shown on two huge screens hung from the ceiling. I saw a lot of Gerald's work and was going to congratulate him when I saw some of my photos that I had shot for the university being shown in the slideshow as well. I felt proud to have a few of my photos make it into the slideshow and to have been part of something as large as a schools year-long birthday celebration. Seeing the three or four photos of mine that made it to the slideshow was much like watching the paper being printed during my internship. I felt like I was a part of a team effort, and although I was only a small part of the team, I still felt proud to see that my work was included in the wrap-up of the year.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great job Gary! Now lets see some of them. :) How's the family?